Sign in or
Chemical CharacteristicsGeneral Toxicity Databases
- Toxicology, hazardous chemicals, environmental health, and toxic releases on ToxNet
- ToxSeek is a database from the US National Library of Medicine that allows users to conduct simultaneous searches
- US OSHA and EPA developed the Occupational Chemical Database which compiles information from several government agencies.
- US EPA's National Center for Computational Toxicology created the ACToR (Aggregated Computational Toxicology Resource) database for publicly available chemical toxicity data
- eChemPortal allows simultaneous searching of reports and datasets by chemical name and number and by chemical property. Data are organized and displayed by endpoint.
- The European chemical Substance Information System (ESIS) provides data on specific chemical groups (i.e. PBT), and regulatory information.
- PLuM (Public Library of Materials) was created by the Univ. of California Berkeley as a resource for finding authoritative information about known hazards of chemicals
- IARC Monographs on the evolution of Carcinogenic Risk to Humans .
- State of California Proposition 65 list - chemicals known to cause cancer or reproductive/developmental toxicity.
- State of Washington Persistent Bioaccumulative Toxins List
- The Industrial Chemicals Known to Cause Neurotoxic Effects list. Some of the chemicals are also known to cause neuro-developmental disorders in children.
- Products for surface cleaning tested for effectiveness by TURI's Surface Solutions Laboratory
- US National Library of Medicine Household Products Database links over 10,000 consumer brands to health effects listed in the MSDS
- Sustainable Hospitals Database of products alternatives to those that contain mercury, latex or PVC.
- The Stockholm Convention is a global treaty to reduce the release of persistent organic pollutants (POPs). The UNEP POPs Database on Alternatives to specific chemicals
- Environment Canada's eco-labeling program provides a list of preferred products
- A Materials Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) list from Safety Information Resources, Inc.
Undesirable Materials and Products
- Chemicals subject to reporting and planning under Massachusetts Toxics Use Reduction Act
- Environmental Working Group created the Skin Deep Cosmetic Safety Database for cosmetics and personal care products
- ISTAS RISCTOX Database (in Spanish)
- A list of priority substances for substitution developed in Sweden - Substitute It Now List (SIN List)
- The Substitution Support Portal Database contains 29 lists of substances that are legally or voluntarily restricted or are recommended for restriction due to their hazards.
- Restrictions on the manufacture, placing on the market, and use of certain dangerous substances as part of the EU REACH directive
- ECHA Candidate List of Substances of Very High Concern for authorisation
- Examples of household products and toxic ingredients from Canadian labor group
Latest page update: made by PamEliason
, Sep 22 2011, 6:14 AM EDT
(about this update
About This Update
Moved from: Resources
No content added or deleted.
- complete history)
Keyword tags: None
More Info: links to this page
There are no threads for this page. Be the first to start a new thread.